You can create a triathlon in Copérnico in three ways:
- By creating a triathlon from scratch.
- By importing an existing triathlon from Copérnico.
- By importing an existing triathlon from Sportmaniacs.
It is important that when create the triathlon in Sportmaniacs make sure you configure the categories, waves and splits. You can read how to create a race in Sportmaniacs in this article.
There are only three different things to configuring a race to configuring a triathlon:
- There are more events, since a triathlon at least usually has: Sprint, Supersprint and Olympic event, if in addition each one can be done individually, in couples or relays, the number of events is multiplied by three. Make sure when you setup the race in Copérnico that you have all the events, otherwise add them.
- A triathlon usually has several waves because athletes come out in waves. Make sure all events have their different waves. If you are missing one you can add it, you can read how to create waves in this article.
- Copérnico generates the intervals based on the splits configured in Sportmaniacs. But it is necessary that you edit the existing intervals and create new ones to extract the times for each sport. Triathlons have two transitions: the transition from swim to bike is referred to as T1 and that between the bike and run is referred to as T2. To extract the time of each sport by subtracting the time of the transitions you have to create 5 intervals in each event of the triathlon. You can read how to create intervals in this article.
- Interval “Swim”: from “Start” split to “Swim” split (timed in minutes every 100 m).
- Interval “T1”: from “Swim” split to “T1” split (no average time). The athletes change gear for the next sport.
- Interval “Cycle”: from “T1” split to “Cycle” split (timed in Km/ hour).
- Interval “T2”: from “Cycle”split to “T2” split (no average time). The athletes change gear for the next sport.
- Interval “Run”: from “T2” split to “Finish” split (timed in min/ km).