The categories are the different groups, excluding each other, in which the participants of a race are distributed. All participants must have a category assigned; and no participant can have more than one category assigned at the same level (primary category and secondary category).
You can create categories for a race based on criteria of gender and/or year of birth or age of the participant.
- Display the event for which you want to configure splits.
- Display the “Categories” section
- To create categories you can click on “+ Add” button, and you would add the categories one by one, but you can also open the creation menu and create the categories in block, import them from another race that you have in Copérnico and you can paste categories from another event within the same race with the edit buttons: cut, copy and paste.
- Complete the category information in the advanced edition that will be displayed in the right sidebar.
- Category name
- Gender: choose if the category includes men (“Male”), women (“Female”) or both (“Mixed”).
- From: in the drop-down choose “Year” (from birth) or “Age” depending on how you want to configure the category. Enter a year or age value in the field below.
- To: follow the same steps as for the “From” field.
- Click on “Save.”
If you need to create more than one category and all of them with the same year range you can create them in bulk and then modify what you need:
- Click on the magic wand icon.
- Enter the range of years for each category, indicate a minimum and maximum age for them and for which genders you want these categories to be created. Click the “Create” button.
The categories will appear ordered chronologically. The one that has a lower “From” value will be shown first. The others will appear successively up to the category with the highest “From” value.
Review of categories
After creating the categories you can review them using the icons that appear next to them.
- Chain. It indicates that between the categories there is no overlap or age or years range that is outside any category.
- Crossed out chain. Indicates that there is a range of age or years that falls outside of a category.
- Warning in red. It indicates that there is an overlap of age or years of two categories.
Assigning categories to runners
Once created the categories you have two options to assign them to the runners.
- Indicate the date of birth of each participant in the import document. This will automatically assign the category as long as you have completed the “From” and “To” values in it, either with the year or with age.
- Indicate the category to which each participant belongs in the import document.