To broadcast a live race on Live you need to create and setup a live broadcast on YouTube. You can do so following these steps.
- Click on the icon in the upper right corner. Make sure you are logged in with the right user.
- Click on “Creator Studio”.
- Unfold the “Live Streaming” tab on the left side menu and click on “Events”.
- Click on “+ New Live Event” at the top right.
- In the “Title” field, enter the name of the event and the location you are going to broadcast live from.
- Enter the event date in the “date” field and the estimated start time of the live video in the “Time” field.
- Select the “Custom” option in the broadcast type.
- Click on “Advanced Settings” in the top menu.
- Enable the “Auto-Start” option.
- Click on the “Create event” button at the top right.
- Click on “Browse” and upload an image. This will be the one that users will see while there is no broadcast.
- Select the “Single-use stream key” option.
- Select “Other encoders” from the drop-down menu.
YouTube generates the value of the field “Stream Name” automatically.Remember where to find this value or write it down, you will have to enter it later in Copernico Video in the field “Youtube Ingest”.
- Click “Save changes” in the top right.
Write down the ID of the video that appears in the URL of the Youtube broadcast and then enter it into the Copernico race configuration. On this example, the ID is tFucuucPLNc.
Live streaming will start automatically without you doing anything on the date and time you previously setup (as long as youtube is receiving data from Copernico Video).