Recording video does not mean broadcasting it in the app. You can record videos and either you don’t want to broadcast them, or you can’t broadcast them live during the race because of a bad internet connection or lack of one. Once recorded, you can broadcast the videos when you want by rewinding them in Copérnico Video. We explain how to do it in this article.
To record video in Copérnico Video you must have the following items:
- Laptop computer. Use one of medium-high power. Try it before the race with a broadcast of several hours.
- Webcam.The model you choose should allow you to record in the H.264 video compression standard and support a minimum quality of HD 720p.
- USB cable (5-10 meters). You will use it to connect the webcam.
- Tripod. You will use it to place the webcam. Choose one with long legs that allows you to place the webcam at the height of your head.
- OBS. Software for video capture. It is responsible for capturing the image of the webcam and sending it to Copérnico Video. You can download it through this link.
- Copérnico Video. Software that allows you to broadcast live video in the App and generates the video replays instantly without the need for realization. It receives the video from OBS.
To stream live video to your App Live, you also need the following items:
- YouTube. It receives the video from Copérnico Video and broadcasts it live. You will have to set up live streaming on YouTube before the race.
- Live App. Plays YouTube video and video replays generated by Copérnico Video and stored on our server.
A good practice is to place a sign near the camera that indicates to spectators that there is a video spot. This will prevent them from standing in front of the camera and blocking the image.